The drains in your home are like the veins in your body; tiny, essential pipes that carry important fluids to where they need to go. Like the veins in your body, your pluming is a crucial lifeline in your home and, if broken, can cause major issues. When you have a plumbing problem and need to do some drain cleaning, you may wonder if you should hire a professional plumber, or just do it yourself. In the article below, our experts list and compare the pros and cons of doing it yourself or hiring a professional.
Professional Drain Cleaning
- With professional drain cleaning, you do not have to do any of the dirty work or waste your time trying to figure out the problem.
- Professional drain cleaning ensures that you fix the problem correctly the first time.
- Hiring a professional for your drain cleaning means that you do not have to invest in any new tools or equipment.
- Professional drain cleaning can be more expensive than doing it yourself if you already own the necessary tools.
- Hiring a professional means that you are on their timeline, and if they are very booked or do not offer emergency plumbing services, you might be waiting a little while to get the job fixed.
Do-It-Yourself Drain Cleaning
- If you know what you are doing, a DIY drain cleaning can certainly save you money.
- If you know what you are doing, a DIY drain cleaning can be faster than waiting to get on a busy plumber’s schedule.